Monday, December 12, 2011

I really meant to blog more often

It's been six weeks already! How did that happen? My intention is to blog weekly, so I'll really have to try to pull that together. Maybe after all this holiday madness settles down. Anyway, so I am six weeks into my diet and have lost four pounds. That puts me short on my pound-a-week goal, but I am cutting myself some slack for the following reasons:

1. There isn't much I can do about how much I weigh today, so I need to focus on moving forward. No point in beating myself up for what I've already done!

2. Thanksgiving happened right in the middle of my diet. Honestly, the fact that I am losing weight rather than gaining it at the holidays is kind of a miracle anyway. Also I had a LOT of pie over Thanksgiving.

3. Christmas parties/Peppermint Bark. Both of these items were created to sabatoge diets. I am trying to partake without overdoing it. So far, I haven't been quite successful. Mostly when it comes to peppermint bark. Damn that delicious stuff.

After losing four pounds, my pants fit more comfortably which is awesome. However, I tend to lose weight first in my waist, so now my hips and boobs look gi-normous. This might sound like a good thing on paper, but it is really hard to dress like a professional adult with stripper boobs and a giant booty. The next three pounds should even me out a little. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment